Sunday, March 12, 2006

Beginnings - Photos

Jan 16: Were you ever in a baby contest? Are there photos of you as a baby? What is your favorite photo of yourself? Were there ever any "funny" photos of you?

I don't think I was ever in a "pretty baby" contest, but there are quite a few pictures of me as a baby. My favorite picture of me when I was little is one where I'm sleeping next to Sissy in bed. Or the picture of me putting the hose down Sissy's pants on the back porch. She says it was a posed photo, and I guess looking at it, it was, but still, it gives me that childhood glee feeling when I look at it.

My dad still carries a picture of me when I was in Kindergarten, in this yellow flowery dress, with long white hair. He pulls it out occasionally when people ask him about his daughter. Kinda weird. I'm like, "Uh, Dad, I'm 35 now." "yes, I know." I think he tries to think of me like that 5 year old. Now that I'm a parent, I can relate to that. And in a large way I am still "Daddy's girl", even though I haven't really been close to him since I was 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home