Sunday, March 12, 2006

Beginnings - Memories

Jan 18: What is your earliest memory? Was there an article of clothing, a piece of furniture or a room in your house which you specifically identified with a family member or event?

The first thing I can remember is swimming in the pool at the Yager's house next door in Yorba Linda. I remember coming up out of the water when "Fame" by David Bowie was playing on the stereo. I've looked it up, and "Fame" came out in 1975. I'm not sure if we were still living in Yorba Linda at that time or just visitng the Yagers (Bob and Lynn??). I remember, very vaguely, the layout of the house and the nasty orange wallpaper in the kitchen. Or maybe it was the drapes. I remember the view over the back porch. I don't remember it specifically, just that there was one, and it was cool.

Then I remember Heiner St and the "feet in the spokes incident" while on the way to school. I remember Mrs. Waldahl, my Kindergarten? 1st grade? teacher. I remember the water run-off system was two grooves in the concrete and asphalt that criss-crossed the road, and if you were foolish enough to ride your bike too close, your tire went into the groove and you were pitched off. The neighbor kids had a shed and we'd scare each other in it. Daddy playing "Tequila" on his reel to reel. I kinda remember the layout to the house, come in the front door to the living room, there was a short hallway to the right, then bedrooms... I remember trying to sneak in after I cut my hair at Granny's house around the corner.

I remember Matchen (our German Shephard) and the first poodle I remember was Bambi. Mom loves poodles.

Those are some memories from the earliest ones.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki B said...

I loved that dog.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home