Sunday, March 12, 2006

Beginnings - Parent's Appearance

Jan 19: What do you remember best about your mother and father's physical appearances during your childhood?

Mom's smell. That purfume still makes me think of her. And her hair. And she'd spend hours "putting her face on". I remember not understanding why she'd pluck her eyebrows out then draw them back on. (Still don't.) She always had the latest hairstyle. My photo album has pics of her in it, and it's like a photo from vogue.

Dad's teeth and hair. He still combs his hair the exact same way. And his cologne/aftershave. Jovan Musk?



Jovan Musk Cologne by Jovan, Launched By The Design House Of Jovan In 1973, Jovan Musk Is Classified As A Luxurious, Gentle, Floral Fragrance. This Masculine Scent Possesses A Blend Of Spices, Lavender And Citrus.

Man, he smelled good. Dad always had this gap in his teeth, and as we got older, the gap got wider. Now it looks like he had a tooth in there and lost it. I, distressingly, have the same gap.

My dentist says he wants to pull my wisdom teeth out, then put braces on me to close the gap, but first they want to flay my gums open and "deep clean" them, then stitch my gums back together. And they want me to pay them to do this. Uh...no. I'll go have another baby through natural childbirth first. Less pain.

Just kidding mom...I'm not pregnant. I promise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki B said...

LOL the procedure itself isn't what worries me, its after the pain meds wear off!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home