Sunday, March 12, 2006

Beginnings - Parent's Personalities

Jan 20: What are your childhood memories of your mother and father's personalities?

Wow. Um...

Mom always seemed to be the stress kitty. The Type-A personality. The one that would freak out at stuff *I* considered dumb, like...not cleaning my room.

Dad was always the laid back one. Relaxed. Until Mom made him discipline me, then I'd get The Belt (as opposed to Mom's favorite, The Spoon, which I always had to go get so she could punish me. That technique is so effective, I use it on my own children, specifically, Bryan). But when Daddy got The Belt, it was cause for immediate contrition, but by then it was Too Late. Daddy's Belt looked vicious. Felt vicious, too.

Mostly though, mom would always clean the house on Saturdays, and I just really remember her tripping about unimportant (to me) stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki B said...

LOL Of course.

I remember laying with my head in your lap and you playing with my hair, and calling me your little flower.

:)

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home